Between 8 and 10 April 2013, the Minister for Financial Services and Superannuation, Bill Shorten, will lead a superannuation and financial services delegation to Beijing and Shanghai.
The delegation aims to build a strong foundation for greater collaboration in financial services between China and Australia.
“Australia has an advanced superannuation sector with world-class expertise in meeting individuals’ retirement needs,” Mr Shorten said.
“This visit will provide an important opportunity to demonstrate the valuable role the Australian financial sector can play in China, to the great benefit of both our economies.”
The superannuation and financial services delegation comprises a number of distinguished business leaders. [See below]
China is already Australia's largest trading partner and an important source of foreign investment. Even so, there are significant opportunities to further strengthen our economic relationship.
During the visit, Minister Shorten will attend a number of meetings with key Chinese government and financial sector representatives.
Minister Shorten will deliver the closing remarks at the plenary session of Australia China Economic and Trade Forum on 9 April and the opening remarks at the Australia – China Pension and Funds Management Dialogue on 10 April.
For part of the trip, Minister Shorten will join the Prime Minister and other senior ministers who are also visiting as part of the most senior political delegation to ever visit China.
Minister Shorten’s Media Contact: Sam Casey 0421 697 660
NAME POSITION ORGANISATION
- Andrew Boal Managing Director Towers Watson
- Paul Costello Chair The Blackstone Group
- Andrea Slattery CEO SMSF Professionals Association of Australia
- Rosemary Vilgan CEO QSuper
- Cassandra Kelly Joint CEO Pottinger
- Ken Marshman Chair and Head of Investment Outcomes JANA Investment Advisers
- Andrew Conway CEO Institute of Public Accountants
- David Whiteley Chief Executive Industry Super Network
- Leon Carter National Secretary Finance Sector Union
- Jeremy Cooper Chairman - Retirement Income Challenger Limited
- Tom Garcia CEO Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees
- Pauline Vamos CEO Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia
- Steven Bardy Senior Executive, International Strategy ASIC
- Greg Medcraft Chairman ASIC
- Joyce Phillips CEO Global Wealth and Private Banking ANZ Banking Goup Limited
- Craig Dunn CEO and Managing Director AMP Ltd