Tony Abbott must explain his vicious cuts that will directly target the hardworking people of Maribyrnong.
Tony Abbott’s commitments have been very clear: he will cut to the bone the services and support that Maribyrnong families, pensioners and small businesses rely on.
Make no mistake, these savage cuts will cause enormous damage to the local community.
Tony Abbott will take away vital assistance from families, pensioners and businesses Labor is giving to this area as well as raising taxes that we have cut.
· School Kids Bonus ripped away from 6100 eligible families – affecting 10750 children.
· 8800 families will lose extra payments to help pay bills and make ends meet through the Household Assistance Package.
· 24300 pensioners – that’s single pensioners losing $351 a year and a couple losing more than $530 from the Household Assistance Package to help them with cost of living increases.
· 20800 people, mostly women, losing up to $500 when the low income superannuation contribution is slashed.
· 46000 paying more tax when Abbott slashes the tax-free threshold, with an average tax hike of over $300.
· 14500 small businesses will lose the $6,500 Instant Asset Write Off.
With his plans to cut services and support to the bone, Tony Abbott is simply not up to the job of governing.
7 May 2013
Media contact: Justin Koek 0400 126 939 (Assistant Treasurer)
(Mr Shorten) Jayne Edwards 9326 1300 / 0410 455 737