Labor is today releasing its positive plan for Western Australia.
As Western Australian families feel the impact of the end of the mining investment boom, they deserve a Federal Government with a clear plan to transition the economy in a way that protects local jobs and improves living standards.
Labor will work every day to deliver for middle and working class families in Western Australia.
We have developed more than 100 positive policies for Western Australians – including building the infrastructure that Western Australia needs to create jobs and drive growth.
A Shorten Labor Government will:
- Plan and build the Perth METRONET, creating 4,000 jobs for Western Australians.
- Fund roads and infrastructure upgrades – including the North Lake Bridge, Wanneroo Road and Roe Highway overpasses, and the High Street Fremantle upgrade.
- Deliver a better National Broadband Network – about 133,000 more WA households will get fibre-to-the-premises under Labor’s plan.
- Establish the Northern Australia Tourism Fund – helping to build the tourism infrastructure that northern WA needs to grow the sector and create local jobs.
- Protect Medicare – Labor will reverse the Liberals’ freeze on the Medicare Benefits Schedule, meaning an average family with two children in WA will be $400 a year better off.
- Invest in hospitals – Labor will increase funding for WA hospitals over the next four years. Hospitals in Western Australia can expect to receive about $220 million more than they would under the Liberals.
- Improve WA schools – Labor will fully fund the Gonski reforms, delivering an additional $330 million in targeted, needs-based funding for Western Australian schools in 2018 and 2019 alone, compared to the Liberals.
- Deliver child care support that is faster, fairer and more affordable – many of the 61,000 families in WA who rely on the Child Care Rebate will be up to $2,500 a year better off.
These are just some of our positive policies for Western Australia.
This election, there is a clear choice for Western Australians.
Malcolm Turnbull and the Liberals will cut local schools and destroy Medicare, while recklessly spending $50 billion on a tax break for banks and big business.
A Shorten Labor Government will save Medicare, improve schools, invest in job-creating infrastructure and protect middle and working class families.
Bill Shorten and Labor’s plan for Western Australia will put people first.
For more information on Labor’s plan for Western Australia visit www.100positivepolicies.org.au/labors_positive_plan_for_wa
WEDNESDAY, 15 JUNE 2016