Labor is today releasing its positive plan for New South Wales.
As Australia’s most populous state and home to our largest city, the success of New South Wales is integral to the success of our nation.
When middle and working class families in New South Wales succeed, all of Australia can prosper.
Labor will build the infrastructure that the people of New South Wales need – to reduce congestion, improve travel times, create well-paying jobs and drive long-term growth across the state.
We have developed more than 100 positive policies for New South Wales families.
A Shorten Labor Government will:
- Invest in job-creating infrastructure projects – including $175 million to boost rail freight at Port Botany.
- Tackle traffic congestion in Western Sydney – Labor will support a missing rail link connecting north-west and south-west Sydney, invest in planning work for a third crossing of the Hawkesbury River, and kick start the critical upgrade of the Appin Road.
- Invest in regional and rural New South Wales – such as commencing the duplication of the Barton Highway, upgrading the Moruya regional airport, completing the Maldon-Dombarton rail project in the Illawarra, and upgrading roads on the Central Coast and in the Hunter.
- Invest in hospitals – New South Wales hospitals will receive $630 million more than they would under the Liberals over the next four years.
- Give Western Sydney the health care it deserves by delivering much needed funding to redevelop the Nepean Hospital.
- Deliver the New Jobs Tax Cut – so more people can fulfill their potential in the workforce, and small businesses have more support to hire new workers.
- Protect Medicare – Labor will reverse the Liberals’ freeze on the Medicare Benefits Schedule, meaning an average family with two children will be $400 better off.
- Fight to protect penalty rates for some of New South Wales’ lowest paid workers.
- Invest in schools – including $1.4 billion more in targeted, needs-based funding for New South Wales schools in 2018 and 2019 alone, compared to the Liberals.
- Deliver child care support that is faster, fairer and more affordable for local families.
These are just some of our positive policies for New South Wales.
This election, there is a clear choice for New South Wales.
Malcolm Turnbull and the Liberals will cut from local schools, hospitals and Medicare, while recklessly spending $50 billion on a tax break for big business and the banks.
A Shorten Labor Government will save Medicare, invest in our schools and hospitals, and support job-creating infrastructure.
We will put people first.
For more information on Labor’s plan for New South Wales, visit www.100positivepolicies.org.au/labors_positive_plan_for_new_south_wales
WEDNESDAY, 29 JULY 2016